- HDMI - High Definition Multimedia Interface
- HDBaseT - Connectivity standard forwhole-home and commercial distribution of uncompressed multimedia content, including full 1080p HD digital video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, power over cable and various control signals through a single LAN cable.
- 1080i/p - 1080 horizontal lines on the screen made up of 540 odd and even rows of pixels. In 1080i, or 'interlaced', each frame is displayed by alternating between odd and even rows every 30/1 second. In 1080p, or 'progressive', the rows of each frame are displayed at the same time - progressively - resulting in a smotther looking image with less motion artifacts and jagged edges. As a result 1080p requires greater bandwidth due to its higher quality.
- EDID - Extended Display Identification Data
- LAN - Local Area Network: computer network that interconnects computers in a limited area such as a home, school, or office building using network media.
- HDCP - High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection
- TMDS - Transition Minimized Different Setting
- Cat5ei - Category 5 enhanced
- RS232 - Recommended Standard 232 control protocol
- DTS - Digital Theatre System
- THX - derived from Tomlinson Holmon's experiment (the 'X' is for 'crossover') and George Lucas's first movie in 1971 'THX-1138'
- DIP (as in DIP switch) - Dual In-line Package
- CEC - Consumer Electronics Control
- SDI - Serial Digital Interface
- DDC - Display Data Channel (refers to pins 17 and 18 in an HDMI plug that handle EDID and CEC)
- UTP - Unsheilded Twisted Pair
With WyreStorm's booth up and looking almost as stunning as the WyreStorm...
The industry got itself all worked up this week about CEPro's article...
Click HERE for more information on this training and the venue
TRAINING SCHEDULE: Morning 1st session 9:30am - 10:30am WyreStorm Mission...