- HDMI - High Definition Multimedia Interface
- HDBaseT - Connectivity standard forwhole-home and commercial distribution of uncompressed multimedia content, including full 1080p HD digital video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, power over cable and various control signals through a single LAN cable.
- 1080i/p - 1080 horizontal lines on the screen made up of 540 odd and even rows of pixels. In 1080i, or 'interlaced', each frame is displayed by alternating between odd and even rows every 30/1 second. In 1080p, or 'progressive', the rows of each frame are displayed at the same time - progressively - resulting in a smotther looking image with less motion artifacts and jagged edges. As a result 1080p requires greater bandwidth due to its higher quality.
- EDID - Extended Display Identification Data
- LAN - Local Area Network: computer network that interconnects computers in a limited area such as a home, school, or office building using network media.
- HDCP - High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection
- TMDS - Transition Minimized Different Setting
- Cat5ei - Category 5 enhanced
- RS232 - Recommended Standard 232 control protocol
- DTS - Digital Theatre System
- THX - derived from Tomlinson Holmon's experiment (the 'X' is for 'crossover') and George Lucas's first movie in 1971 'THX-1138'
- DIP (as in DIP switch) - Dual In-line Package
- CEC - Consumer Electronics Control
- SDI - Serial Digital Interface
- DDC - Display Data Channel (refers to pins 17 and 18 in an HDMI plug that handle EDID and CEC)
- UTP - Unsheilded Twisted Pair
WyreStorm Supporting Polar at Polar presents LIVE Networked Audio Video/Unified Communications Event on 25May at London Film Museum
Heads up UK Pro AV integrators! WyreStorm is supporting our distributor Polar...
Ok, so Brexit might have dulled the sparkle of the past 12 months...
COME TO BRUM!! The excellent CEDIA Tech Forum continues in 2017 with the next...
Attention UK Integrators! Habitech WyreStorm training is set for the 21st and...